December 2, 2008
with Dr. Anne Vidaver
"An Iconic Perspective on Women in Science: or, I Didn't know I was a Pioneer"
Dr. Vidaver is Advance-Nebraska's kickoff speaker at our first lunch. She is a Professor of Plant Pathology at UNL. Our informal lunch series will feature women in STEM who have navigated academic careers and will share their success strategies with faculty and students.
**Please register for free lunch for you and your students by sending an email to email@example.com.
Tuesday, December 2nd
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, City Union
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2007. from World Economic Forum
- Biological, Social, and Organizational Components of Success for Women in Academic Science and Engineering: Workshop Report (2006). Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy
- Quiet Desperation of Academic Women.from Inside Higher Education. June 12, 2008
- Governments of 20 Countries Ahead of US in Promoting Workplace Flexibility (pdf or web page)
from Diversity Spectrum
- Investing In Early Career Scientists